ScopeIn order to carry out our mission, we have defined an action framework that guides the interaction of University Camilo José Cela with society, seeking to promote a more humane and sustainable development. This action framework is structured in three spheres, supported by three pillars and acting in three areas, as detailed below.
ASPECTS OF THE UCJC FOUNDATION
Based on the elements of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) marked by UNESCO in its Roadmap for the implementation of the Global Action Programme on Education for Sustainable Development, we have structured our mission around three main linchpins:
- Global Citizenship Education.
- Teaching and learning environments.
- Social Transformation
ASPECTS OF THE UNESCO ESD
1. GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION
The first aspect of our mission is in the field of education for global citizenship, promoting the educational initiatives of University Camilo José Cela that share the objective of promoting a more sustainable world and focusing on the all-round education of students, including awareness raising and social commitment.
2. TEACHING AND LEARNING ENVIRONMENTSThe second aspect of our mission is to create spaces for lifelong learning that foster the exchange of ideas, experiences and research between the university community and society.
3. SOCIAL TRANSFORMATIONThe third aspect of our mission is to facilitate the interaction of the university community with initiatives that address society’s problems and needs, making an effort to pay society back for the learning provided.
PILLARS OF FOUNDATION UCJC
Foundation UCJC relies on the three pillars that support University Camilo José Cela’s academic offering:
– Interdisciplinarity: promoting the generation of a network of “sustainable actors” from which to research, create and disseminate relevant knowledge on Sustainable Human Development and its implementation.
– Innovation: channelling the participation of researchers, lecturers and students along with other social actors – business, civil society, public administration, seeking joint creation of innovative solutions to address the 21st century sustainability challenges and their dissemination to society.
– Internationality: sustainability knows no borders. We all need to work together to attain a lifestyle that guarantees the sustainability of our planet and the achievement of the goals set by the 2030 Agenda.